Are you ready for your baby’s arrival?
Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield offers perinatal education sessions to provide you with prenatal education and support as well as help you prepare for your upcoming hospital stay.
Please come prepared to ask us all of your labor, delivery and hospital preparedness questions. We are here for you.
Tour our birth center
Start with a tour of Marshfield Medical Center’s Birth Center.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled session. You may park in parking lot 1, 2 or 9. Meet us in the hospital lobby. Walk the path you will take in only a few weeks to meet your baby.
Following the tour, we will briefly cover:
- What to expect in labor and delivery, including labor coping and pain management options
- Education on American Academy of Pediatrics infant feeding recommendations
- Discuss evidence-based maternity care practices implemented at the Birth Center to ensure better health outcomes for families
- INJOY prenatal education materials that will be provided to you throughout pregnancy and postpartum, along with prenatal education classes that are available in person and online
- Benefits of skin-to-skin contact
- Rooming in with your baby
- Feeding practices, including breastfeeding, pumping and formula feeding
- Safe sleep practices
- Hepatitis B vaccine & Wisconsin newborn screen
- Visitor guidelines and quiet time
- Breast pump coverage, and more.
You will have time after this presentation to ask any questions.