Living in rural Wisconsin has many perks, but it can also mean you have to travel for health care. That’s why we have Cattails Cottage, where you can stay during your cancer treatments.
Cattails Cottage is a place where patients older than 18 and their caregivers can find supportive accommodations when traveling for cancer care at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield. To stay at Cattails Cottage, you must:
• Live more than 40 miles away from Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield.
• Be receiving cancer care at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield.
• Be older than 18 years of age.
With 11 private rooms and shared community areas, you can have the privacy you prefer while also having access to the community support you need during this time. Amenities include:
• Two fully-equipped kitchens (one on each floor) with family dining room
• Two living rooms (one on each floor)
• Free on-site laundry
• Handicap accessible areas with elevator
• Internet access (wifi)
• Library nook
• On-site staff and volunteers to help answer questions
Support services available
Cattails Cottage has on-site support groups that meet to help patients through their journey.
Within walking distance of care
Cattails Cottage is within walking distance of Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, which is where you will receive cancer treatments. If you would prefer to drive, the main entrance has valet services available.
Made possible through donations
Cattails Cottage is made possible through generous donor support and the many volunteers that help to staff the facility. You can make a monetary gift to Cattails Cottage or have items shipped directly to Cattails Cottage by purchasing them from the below Target charity registry.
For you and a caregiver to stay at Cattails Cottage, talk to your provider about a referral.