Resident Research: The Division of Education provides resources and funds to our residents for the research. We have a dedicated research core faculty member in our team. The role of the faculty member is to meet all residents on a regular basis and guide and assist them in their research projects.
Quality Improvement Projects: All residents are required by the program to participate in at least one QI project during their residency. The QI projects include both hospital-based as well as Outpatient QI projects. The residents also participate in QI projects on disparities and social determinants of health. The residents are trained to participate in QI and are supervised at each step of individual projects.
The residents are provided assistance to participate in activities that include:
Case vignette presentations
Poster Presentation at state and national level
Case-Reports to reputable Journals
MCRI provides research services, such as biostatistics, biomedical informatics, study design and publication support.
Marshfield Clinic Research Institute's website >
FAQs about Research
What type of research projects are current residents interested in most?
Most residents get involved in case series, retrospective and prospective studies.
What are the research-related resources available to me as a resident?
- Monthly meetings with our research coordinator to get details of ongoing projects and available mentors willing to assist residents with research projects.
- Free access to vast online literature through Medical Library.
- Funding available for research projects from research division.
- Professional help in IRB protocols, data abstraction, biostatistics and scientific writing.
- PubMed indexed Marshfield Clinic Health System Internal Journal - Clinical Medicine and Research Journal.
- Electronic records of patients dating back three decades.
How can I find a mentor for research of interest to me?
Most faculty at Marshfield Medical Center is willing to help residents if they show genuine interest toward a specialty. Brian Finnegan, research facilitator, also helps residents find mentors or join ongoing projects.
Does Marshfield Clinic collaborate with other well-known institutions for research?
Yes. We do collaborate with other well-known institutions like University of Wisconsin, Madison; Mayo Clinic, Rochester; Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; and others.