The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program is no longer accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year. We thank you for your interest.
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) has developed a three-year cardiovascular disease fellowship program for primary care physicians who desire further training in cardiology. This fellowship is a three-year program, approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), admitting two new fellows each year.
Applicants must be an ACGME or AOA third-year primary care resident in good standing or a recent graduate of a primary care specialty such as family practice, internal medicine or med/peds. Wisconsin licensure (or eligibility for Wisconsin state licensure) and DEA licensure is required.
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is a comprehensive state-of-the-art medical system that offers great opportunity, to include:
- Over 1,250 physicians and advance practice providers practicing at MCHS across 86 specialties and subspecialties in more than 55 locations in Wisconsin.
- Four hospitals across Central and Western Wisconsin with the addition of at least three more hospitals in the coming years.
- A 300 plus bed tertiary care hospital with an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- The largest private medical research institute in Wisconsin with more than 200 research projects and 450 clinical trials underway.
- Extensive integrated computer technologies, including an electronic health record, electronic prescribing, PACS image archive, electronic lab results, patient portal for access to personal medical information, innovative early childhood immunization registry, digital echocardiography network and telemedicine.
- Three structured nursing facilities, four ambulatory surgery centers, 10 dental clinics, 17 pharmacies and 33 clinical laboratories.
- A large referral base of more than 2 million people and 3.5 million patient encounters yearly.
- Marshfield Medical Center celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Please watch our video to learn about the founding and growth of our system of health care.
MCHS as has a long history of commitment to outstanding medical education for students, residents and fellows. We look forward to answering any questions you might have about this exciting new program.
Param P. Sharma, M.D., FACC, FHRS
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program
Marshfield Medical Center - Marshfield
1000 North Oak Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449
Tamara Wijayapala Program Coordinator Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program Marshfield Medical Center 1000 North Oak Avenue Marshfield, WI 54449 Phone: 1-800-541-2895 or 715-389-3554