Thank you for exploring our Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowships. August 29, 2022 is the start date for our new fellows. We are pleased to offer a unique training environment where fellows benefit from learning diverse clinical skills in a large tertiary care medical center. Marshfield Clinic Health System is one of the largest non-profit medical centers in the U.S. and is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Our mission to deliver exceptional quality of care through excellence in research, education and use of best clinical practices serves as a foundational philosophy for our fellowship program.
three postdoctoral psychology fellowship positions available in the
Child/Adolescent, Primary Care, and Pediatric Psychology program and
two postdoctoral psychology fellowship positions available in the
Adult Clinical and Health Psychology program. All positions offer flexibility to meet trainee goals and are 1-2 years in length. Our training programs embody APA's vision for training in professional psychology in the 21st century.
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is a comprehensive state-of-the-art medical system that offers great opportunity, to include:
- Over 1,200 physicians and advance practice providers practicing at MCHS across 86 specialties and subspecialties in more than 55 locations in Wisconsin.
- Ten hospitals across Central, Northern and Western Wisconsin.
300 plus bed tertiary care hospital with an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
largest private medical research institute in Wisconsin with more than
30 PhD/MD scientists and 450 research projects.
- MCHS is the Northern Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
- Extensive integrated computer technologies, including an electronic health record, electronic prescribing, PACS image archive, electronic lab results, patient portal for access to personal medical information, innovative early childhood immunization registry, digital echocardiography network and telemedicine.
- Three structured nursing facilities, four ambulatory surgery centers, 10 dental clinics, 17 pharmacies and 33 clinical laboratories.
- A large referral base of more than 2 million people and 3.5 million patient encounters yearly.
- Marshfield Medical Center celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Please watch our video to learn about the
founding and growth of our system of health care.
an aerial video of the expansive facilities at Marshfield Medical Center.
In addition to training in an exceptional health care setting, you will also find that the Marshfield community offers many benefits for good quality of life. With a population of 20,000, Marshfield residents and visitors enjoy a host of recreation and entertainment opportunities in a safe community. A community theater, arts center, community pool, zoo, walking and biking paths, expansive YMCA, new library and community center, and numerous city parks further enhance small town living. With excellent public and private schools and high school graduation rates high above the national average, Marshfield is committed to offering diverse and plentiful education opportunities. Marshfield is home to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point at Marshfield, which offers a two-year associate degree as well as a four-year bachelor's degree in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Marshfield also is home to Mid-State Technical College, which provides technical education in a wide variety of fields.
It's no surprise that Marshfield ranked 5th in the nation as a best small city to raise a family in by Forbes (2010). If you would like to explore more information about Marshfield, please visit the following Web sites:
You may also wish to view this PBS episode of
Around the Corner with John McGivern to learn more about Marshfield.
We invite you to explore www.marshfieldclinic.org, come see our outstanding facilities and explore the Marshfield community firsthand. See for yourself what makes our psychology fellowship programs special.
Do not hesitate to contact us for answers to questions not addressed on these Web pages.
APPIC offers a series of webinars that address fellowship, application and tips as you pursue selection. We strongly encourage you to review these resources. One tip in particular stands out: "Don't be shy about communicating with the program about their selection process." We welcome your questions about the process, about our program, health system, about us, and why we do what we do.
Here's the APPIC webinar link: