Thank you for exploring our Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellowships. September 3, 2019 is the start date for our new fellows. We are pleased to offer a unique training environment where fellows benefit from learning diverse clinical skills in a large tertiary care medical center. Marshfield Clinic is one of the largest non-profit medical centers in the U.S. and is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Our mission to deliver exceptional quality care through excellence in research, education and use of best practices serves as a foundational philosophy for our fellowship program.
We have four psychology post-doctoral positions. These include one Pediatric Psychology position, one Child and Adolescent Psychology position, and two Adult Clinical and Health Psychology positions. Each fellowship is two years in duration to provide you with both a breadth and depth of skill development and significant benefits for career acceleration after graduation. Our training programs embody the APA vision for professional psychology in the 21st century.
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is a comprehensive state-of-the-art medical system that offers great opportunity, to include:
- Over 1,250 physicians and advance practice providers practicing at MCHS across 86 specialties and subspecialties in more than 55 locations in Wisconsin.
- Four hospitals across Central and Western Wisconsin with the addition of at least three more hospitals in the coming years.
- A 300 plus bed tertiary care hospital with an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
largest private medical research institute in Wisconsin with more than 200 research projects and 450 clinical trials underway.
- Extensive integrated computer technologies, including an electronic health record, electronic prescribing, PACS image archive, electronic lab results, patient portal for access to personal medical information, innovative early childhood immunization registry, digital echocardiography network and telemedicine.
- Three structured nursing facilities, four ambulatory surgery centers, 10 dental clinics, 17 pharmacies and 33 clinical laboratories.
- A large referral base of more than 2 million people and 3.5 million patient encounters yearly.
- Marshfield Medical Center celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Please watch our video to learn about the founding and growth of our system of health care.
In addition to training in an exceptional health care setting, you will also find that the Marshfield community offers many benefits for good quality of life. With a population of about 20,000, Marshfield residents and visitors enjoy a host of recreation and entertainment opportunities in a safe community. In addition to a growing number of restaurants, Marshfield offers shopping in its downtown stores, a regional mall and a growing number of other retailers. A community theater, arts center, community pool, zoo, walking and biking paths, a new library and community center, and numerous city parks further enhance small town living. With excellent public and private schools and high school graduation rates high above the national average, Marshfield is committed to offering diverse and plentiful education opportunities. Marshfield is home to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point at Marshfield, which offers a two-year associate degree as well as a four-year bachelor's degree in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Marshfield also is home to Mid-State Technical College, which provides new students and those wishing to update their skills a technical education in a variety of fields.
It's no surprise that Marshfield ranked 5th in the nation as a best small city to raise a family in by Forbes (2010). If you would like to explore more information about Marshfield, please visit the following Web sites:
We invite you to explore www.marshfieldclinic.org, come see our outstanding facilities and explore the Marshfield community firsthand. See for yourself what makes our psychology fellowship programs special.
Do not hesitate to contact us for answers to questions not addressed on these Web pages.
APPIC recently developed a series of webinars that address fellowship, application and tips as you pursue selection. We strongly encourage you to review these. One tip in particular stands out: "Don't be shy about communicating with the program about their selection process." We welcome your questions about the process, about our program and health system and about us and why we do what we do.
Here's the APPIC webinar link: