We offer a competitive salary and benefit package which includes relocation assistance, malpractice coverage and an annual $1,750 travel/education fund available to each resident. Annual salary will be $68,315.
Payment of monthly premium for Security Health Plan point of service coverage for fellow, fellow's spouse and qualified dependents, includes a prescription drug benefit. Indemnity coverage is available for a nominal premium. Fellows would be responsible for copays and/or coinsurance.
- Payment of monthly premium for dental insurance.
- Sick leave: Fellows are allotted sick days. Fellows will not be compensated for any unused sick time. It is the responsibility of the Fellow to notify the appropriate individual(s) of an absence due to illness in accordance with his/her program specific policy. Fellows are eligible for a short and long-disability plan the first of the month following 90 consecutive calendar days of employment within a benefited status.
Vacation: 15 workdays per contract year
Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Meeting Time: Working days are allotted per academic year for scientific meetings (includes travel time).
Interview Days: Fellows are allotted interview days during the course of their fellowship for job-related interviews.
Birth/adoption leave: Fellows may take up to six weeks of leave in a 12 month period for the birth of the Fellow's natural child or the placement of a child with the Fellow for adoption. Absence from the fellowship program beyond six weeks may require an extension of the fellowship to meet board eligibility criteria.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): The FMLA is an unpaid, job protected leave. Fellows who meet the eligibility criteria will be eligible for unpaid leave under the FMLA. Absences from the residency program may request an extension of the Fellow to meet board eligibility criteria.
Professional Liability, Disability and Life Insurance
- Fellows are fully covered under Marshfield Clinic's self-insurance plan for professional liability. This is an occurrence policy. Contribution to the State of Wisconsin Patients Compensation Fund is also made on behalf of each licensed Fellow, which provides additional protection.
Each Fellow is covered under Worker's Compensation.
Short and Long term disability insurance is purchased for each Fellow. This policy is effective the 1st of the month following 90 days from your hire date in a benefited status.
Group term accidental death and dismemberment insurance is an option at the Fellow's own expense.
- Group term life insurance A $50,000 term life insurance is purchased for each Fellow.
An annual $1,750 travel/educational fund is available for attending meetings, purchasing textbooks or a combination of these activities. Fellows are allotted seven working days which includes travel per academic year for scientific meeting time.
Relocation assistance up to $2,500 per resident family household.
Designated "on call" rooms in the hospital.
Lab coats and laundering are provided.
A standard 35 percent discount (excluding contact lenses) at Marshfield Clinic Optical Shop.
Eligible to participate in Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union.
Special funds are available for paper presentations in representing their respective program.
Fellows have medical transcription support and program coordinator assistance.
Marshfield Clinic Health System offers a drug-free environment
Wireless tablets for use.
Resident Association special activities planned.
Resident all-day workshops.
Resident Well-Being Committee support.
Affordable housing is available in Rice Lake. The average rental cost for a two bedroom apartment is $425-$700 per month. A variety of housing is available, ranging from apartment complexes to single houses and duplexes.