A residency program that supports its residents to achieve their full potential in an environment that values their diversity and celebrates their individuality.
Residents walking through our doors participate in a well-rounded, humanistic training experience in a large tertiary care center with all the benefits of living in a community setting.
See what life is like as a Pediatric Resident on Instagram Instagram page - @marshfieldchildrenspeds. and connect with us!
Our residents and graduates consider their training to encompass "the best of both worlds". Marshfield is affectionately dubbed "The City in the Center" of Wisconsin, residents are able to enjoy:
- Short commute, most residents living within 5-10 minutes of the hospital campus.
- Small town with access to all the necessary amenities and facilities, supporting a good work/life balance.
- Great place to raise a family, with nearby school and daycare options. Many residents also have children.
- Low cost of living, and reasonably priced housing from apartments to houses (average rentals from $625-$900/month).
- Numerous season specific outdoor activities, #lakelife!
- Nearby big cities, enabling travel and weekend escapes!
- Child care at the nearby hospital-sponsored center give you the option of visiting your child periodically. Early morning and late evening hours are available.
On their time off, residents have been able to spend time with friends and family with:
- Recreational activities:
- YMCA - residents receiving a significant discount.
- Well-kept golf courses
- Tennis, basketball groups
- Trivia night
- Hiking & biking trails
- Kayaking, rafting, tubing- we love our lakes!
- Winter sports- snow shoe trails, ski slopes, chair lifts
- Farmers' markets
- Community supported agriculture- fresh fruit and vegetable shares!
- Resident Wellbeing Committee: Marshfield Clinic's Resident Well-Being Committee – a confidential consultation service where a RWBC member will listen to our personal, interpersonal, professional and program concerns. The RWBC helps to promote a healthy and humane learning and work environment for the house staff by 'shining a light' on those resources currently available to them.
- Intern Retreat
- Senior Retreat