Our High Risk Breast Service can help you understand
your risk for breast cancer and if you are a candidate for future screening,
medication or surgery options to reduce your risk.
You will undergo a comprehensive assessment that
can answer your questions and provide guidance if necessary.
The information provided and assessment tools used will help you better understand your risk for developing breast cancer. Genetic testing is reviewed and a referral to Medical Genetics will be made if appropriate.
High Risk Breast Service:
- Estimates individual risk of breast cancer.
- Helps those at high risk better manage the risk.
- Increases understanding of early detection strategies.
- Increases understanding of prevention strategies, including medications that may help prevent cancer.
- Helps individuals at risk obtain counseling and genetic testing, when appropriate.
- Explains the role and limitations of genetic testing.
Breast cancer risk assessment
Many people do not know their risk of developing breast cancer and may incorrectly perceive their risk for the disease.
Our High Risk Breast Service helps you accurately assess your risk. After completing a risk assessment, you can make a plan to help prevent cancer or detect it early when it's most treatable.
Our breast health team provides caring support and expert knowledge to help you make choices that are right for you and your family.