Marshfield Clinic offers you the opportunity to join a world-class health care system in a family-friendly setting.
Among the benefits are:
- Low cost of living
- Clean and safe environment
- Short commutes with low traffic volume
- Jobs at many
medical and dental centers across Wisconsin
- Excellent educational opportunities for both you and your family
- Recreational and cultural activities during all four seasons
- Access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Competitive compensation package
Why physicians choose Marshfield Clinic
Our physicians practice state-of-the-art medicine in an academic setting. Yet, they live where people actually know their neighbors by name. Our physicians and support staff enjoy the family-oriented communities in which they live and serve.
A full range of services supports Marshfield Clinic physicians. This enables physicians to focus on the patient. Marshfield Clinic physicians have a support staff surpassed by none. Patient satisfaction surveys consistently recognize the more than 6,000 employees for the care and compassion they deliver.
Our pledge to physicians
To attract and retain the finest physicians in their fields, Marshfield Clinic pledges to:
- Support the best of clinical medicine in an academic and research setting.
- Reward individual expertise and enterprise with compensation competitive with a clinical practice in any other major medical facility.
- After two years of service, provide eligibility for physicians to become full voting members of Marshfield Clinic's leadership.
- Provide personal and professional liability insurance, a generous 401k plan and health care benefits, with a retirement package among the most generous of any major medical facility in the United States.
- Continue to offer support and resources to assure innovation and discovery remain integral components of health care.
- Support our physicians' practices with state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic equipment, a strong support staff, and leading health information technology.
- Encourage publication of medical research and case studies. Marshfield Clinic publishes "Clinical Medicine and Research", a quarterly journal of peer-reviewed, original scientific medical research distributed to 16,000 health care professionals and indexed by PubMed Central.
Submit your curriculum vitae to Physician Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to
Contact Physician Recruitment by phone at 1-800-782-8581 ext.
Create an online profile, if you prefer at
A model for patient care excellence
The Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services has singled out Marshfield Clinic for its patient care excellence. The Clinic is one of 10 physician group practices in the United States taking part in a project that rewards effective and efficient patient care. The CMS rewarded the Clinic for its quality of care while reducing costs.
Our quality speaks for itself.
Linking expertise with technology
All Marshfield Clinic centers are linked with
advanced technology, including electronic medical records, telehealth networking, wireless point of care and digital imaging. Patients have access to their own and their minor dependents' medical records online.
Conducting research that improves lives
Core research centers are devoted to clinical
research, medical genetics, agricultural health and safety, epidemiology, personalized medicine, and health services research.
Practicing medicine in an academic setting
Marshfield Clinic Division of Education oversees graduate medical education, student programs, continuing
education and conference planning, as well as other professional and patient support services.
Why we love Wisconsin
For excellent information about Wisconsin and its communities, visit the Wisconsin.gov Visitors page. You'll find:
- Top 10 reasons for living in Wisconsin
- Cost of living calculators
- School system information
- Job opportunities
- Housing costs
- Drivers licensing information
- and much more!
For free school and city reports, as well as more relocation tools, visit
Recreation, attractions and destinations