Why wait? Start your nursing career before graduation.
Student nurse intern program
Acquire professional growth and real-life work experience by joining Marshfield Clinic Health System as a student nurse intern.
During the course of the internship, you will enhance your knowledge of nursing practice through supervised, active involvement in all aspects of patient care in your selected clinical area. Toward the end of the internship, you may have an opportunity for observation time in an area of interest in which you are not currently assigned.
The program allows you to become familiar with the role registered nurses play in health care, develop relationships with other providers and experience a realistic work environment.
Areas of interest
Available units for intern placement will vary based on location. Areas include, but are not limited to, Medical Surgical, Intensive Care, Intermediate Care, Ambulatory Surgery, Operating Room, Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Recovery, Medical and Surgical Intensive Care, Oncology, Birth Center, Neonatal ICU, Pediatric ICU, Pediatrics/Pediatric Oncology, Wound/Ostomy & Rehabilitation, Cath Lab/CIRV Cardiology, Interventional Radiology/Vascular
Requirements to be fulfilled by June 1:
- Current enrollment in an established school of nursing
- Successful completion equivalent to two semesters for ADN program
- Successful completion equivalent to third year of BSN program
- Current or past Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification awarded by the State of Wisconsin, or Licensed Practical Nurse License awarded by the State of Wisconsin
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification awarded by the American Heart Association (AHA)