What outfit you wear can make a big impact on how you feel during pregnancy. No matter what your style, it is important for you to feel comfortable in your maternity clothing:
- Choose loose-fitting clothing for comfort.
- Wear lighter weight fabrics if you feel warmer during pregnancy
- Avoid tight belts, bras, girdles, slacks, garters, and knee socks. Clothes that decrease circulation in the legs lead to varicose (enlarged) veins.
- Find a bra that fits and provides good support to your breasts .
- Buy a nursing bra if you plan to breastfeed your baby. Nursing bras are designed with flaps that unhook to allow easy access for breastfeeding.
- Wear shoes that have a medium or low heel, provide firm support and have a generally good fit.
- Don’t wear high heels - it may result in an accident or an aching back.