It is normal for your breasts to change during your pregnancy.
Stay comfortable during your pregnancy with these care tips for your breasts:
- Wear a bra that provides firm support
- Buy a bra that fits without pressing, binding or rubbing. You may need to buy a larger bra at about the third or fourth month of pregnancy
- You may be more comfortable wearing a bra at night if your breasts are large
- Your nipples may leak a small amount of clear or yellowish fluid called colostrum. This is a sign that your body is preparing for breastfeeding
- Clean colostrum from your breasts using only warm water. Avoid soap and alcohol based cleansers. They dry out the skin and make can cause soreness
- If colostrum leakage is a problem, wear an absorbent pad in your bra and replace it when wet to avoid irritation or infection