As your pregnancy progresses, your posture changes because your uterus is growing and pulls on your back muscles.
Your pelvic joints also loosen. This may cause backache. To help prevent back strain:
- Wear low heeled, supporting shoes
- Wear a maternity support belt that gives support without binding.
- Maintain good posture.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Perform exercises such as the pelvic tilt and other posture exercises to help your back.
- Try a warm bath or a warm heating pad to your lower back.