Most women’s vaginal discharge normally changes during pregnancy.
It may increase in amount, become thicker and white in color. However, if the discharge is bloody, yellowish, greenish, has a bad odor, is heavy and frothy, or causes burning and itching, you should check with your provider.
To prevent vaginal infections or irritations:
- Take a daily shower or bath
- Avoid the use of bubble baths and feminine sprays
- Wear cotton undergarments
- Avoid tight slacks
- Avoid use of colored or scented toilet tissue and sanitary pads
- Tampons should not be used for any reason during pregnancy
- Avoid douching without specific instructions from your provider