The Volunteen Program at the Marshfield Medical Center is a chance to learn new skills, sharpen existing skills, gain valuable experience, and help others, all at the same time.
The program is available for any high school student entering at least Freshman year. It is a year round program, not just a summer experience.
Volunteens are expected to commit to 2 hours per week, for a minimum of a year. We have a wide variety of service areas, and flexible scheduling options available.
Service Area Opportunities:
- Med/surgical units
- Nursing units
- Inpatient pharmacy
- Coffee Café
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- Volunteer Services
- Gain valuable work experience
- Explore career possibilities – observation experiences available
- Make new friends
- Receive personal satisfaction from helping people in need
- Personal growth in areas such as leadership, accountability and dependability
- Letters of Recommendation/references
An annual Volunteen Orientation is held in the spring of each year. This event is a chance for interested teens to see our facility, take an in-depth tour, hear from current teen volunteers and complete all of the paperwork needed to get started.