Individuals with a personal or family history or symptoms of an adult-onset genetic condition (i.e. Huntington's disease) may benefit from genetic counseling to learn about:
- The risk that they or their children may be diagnosed with or develop the disease as an adult.
- Genetic testing options available for diagnosis or predictive testing.
- Information that could impact medical management and treatment.
Cardiology and medical genetics
Some individuals have an inherited risk to develop certain cardiac conditions. Individuals with a personal or family history of these conditions may see a genetic counselor:
- Aortic aneurysm or dissection
- Genetic condition strongly associated with cardiovascular complications (i.e. Marfan syndrome, Turner syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome)
For more information on cardiology genetic evaluation, contact Medical Genetics at 715-221-7400 or toll free at 1-877-216-8535.