Marshfield Clinic Health System provides charitable contributions, sponsorships and in-kind gifts to organizations who help to enrich lives and improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
Types of charitable gifts
Definition: Monetary gift to non-profits and other organizations whose mission, objectives, goals and initiatives concur with Marshfield Clinic Health System.
Definition: Donation of door prizes and give-away items to support a community event or fundraiser.
Definition: Financial support of a community event or fundraiser in exchange for Marshfield Clinic Health System advertising and/or logo placement.
Marshfield Clinic Health System will consider national, statewide, regional and local/community requests.
Organizations seeking funding must focus on at least one of the following:
- Address community health and wellness needs in the Health System’s service area.
- Align with Health System services and priorities to promote healthier living.
- Support Health System business goals.
- Provide increased visibility and positive brand recognition.
Organizations, events and activities
not eligible for sponsorships or charitable gifts include but are not limited to:
- Marshfield Clinic Health System programs and events
- Individual or family benefit
- Organizations in direct competition with Marshfield Clinic Health System or its owned-entities
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties
or partisan activities
- Labor and fraternal organizations
- Individual churches or religious activities for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- For-profit organizations
- Contests or pageants
- Sports programs and sports camps
- Students raising funds for travel to competitions or events
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Requests for employee matching funds
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Trips, tours and transportation
- Concerts and entertainment events
- General operating expenses
- Building projects
- Organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status
To further support our vision of building healthy communities, Marshfield Clinic Health System expects that any event that receives support will:
Offer healthy food options if food is provided
Be tobacco free
Be compliant with any applicable state laws and/or local ordinances
Promote responsible use if alcohol is served
Charitable gift criteria are at the discretion of Marshfield Clinic Health System Community Engagement and Security Health Plan and are subject to change at any time.