Individuals whose lives have been touched by cancer are known for their generous sharing of important wisdom.
In particular they are quick to remind us to, “Make each day count;” and that, “Knowledge is power.”
At every step along the path, individuals diagnosed with cancer wrestle with issues of meaning, fear, trust, hope and creating a sense of what a “new normal” might look like within the circles of their family, friends and spiritual community.
As a result, a diagnosis of cancer brings the ongoing need for information.
Marshfield Clinic is dedicated to providing accessible information and support to patients and loved ones during their cancer journey and beyond.
Knowledge empowers patients to become active partners in their health care.
Our “Patients’ Cancer Learning Center” is a free resource, designed to be a restful, healing focal point for information.
It offers books, brochures, videotapes, audio CD’s, a “Cancer Help” touch screen computer, and Spanish- language materials.
Whether it’s you, your spouse, partner, parent, sibling or friend that is living with cancer, the information provided here is meant to help decrease stress and increase hope during a challenging life transition.
Lending Library topics include:
- Current diagnosis and treatment information
- Nutrition during and after treatment
- Caregiver support
- Emotional wellness and stress management
- Ideas for supporting children with a loved one experiencing cancer
- Evidence-based integrative therapies; music therapy and guided imagery audio resources
- Dealing with post-treatment concerns including fear of reoccurrence, financial/employment concerns and wellness research
- Information about accessing local resources
- Post-treatment wellness planning
- The supportive wisdom of others who have already journeyed with cancer
The “Patients’ Cancer Learning Center” has been made possible through the compassionate support of contributors including; The Marshfield Clinic Employee Giving Campaign, The Sports Den Cancer Awareness Raffle, the “Women Living with Hope” support group and the Dr. Qaseem M. Khan Patient Education Fund.
Location: Marshfield Medical Center, office building - third floor Oncology/Hematology Department
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday