We offer a competitive salary and benefit package which includes relocation assistance, malpractice coverage and an annual $1,750 travel/education fund available to each resident beginning in PGY1.
Salaries for 2019-2020 (effective July 1, 2019)
When taken in aggregate, the compensation package provided residents, depending on post-graduate year, ranges from $70,000 to $100,000 per resident.
Payment of monthly premium for
Security Health Plan
point of service coverage for resident, resident's spouse and qualified dependents, includes a prescription drug benefit. Indemnity coverage is available for a nominal premium. Residents would be responsible for copays and/or coinsurance.
Payment of monthly premium for dental insurance.
- Sick leave: Residents (or house staff officers) are allotted sick days. Residents will not be compensated for any unused sick time. It is the responsibility of the Resident to notify the appropriate individual(s) of an absence due to illness in accordance with his/her program specific policy. Residents are eligible for a short and long-disability plan the first of the month following 90 consecutive calendar days of employment within a benefited status.
- Vacation: 15 workdays per contract year.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Meeting Time: Residents are allotted up to seven (7) working days per academic year for scientific meetings (includes travel time), which varies in program and training years.
- Interview Days: Residents are allotted, with approval and planning, up to ten (10) interview days total during the course of their residency, for Fellowship, and/or job related interviews (prorated for programs less than three (3) years).
- Exam Day(s): Exam time away from residency training for USMLE, COMLEX, (first time), Licensure exam, In-training exam, representing the Program or Clinic for a business, or required educational purpose as approved by the Program Director, are accounted for as days in training.
- Birth/adoption leave: Residents may take up to six weeks of leave in a 12 month period for the birth of the Resident's natural child or the placement of a child with the Resident for adoption. Absence from the residency program beyond six weeks may require an extension of the residency to meet board eligibility criteria.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): The FMLA is an unpaid, job protected leave. Residents who meet the eligibility criteria will be eligible for unpaid leave under the FMLA. Absences from the residency program may request an extension of the residency to meet board eligibility criteria.
Professional Liability, Disability and Life Insurance
- Residents are fully covered under Marshfield Clinic's self-insurance plan for professional liability. This is an occurrence policy. Contribution to the State of Wisconsin Patients Compensation Fund is also made on behalf of each licensed resident, which provides additional protection.
- Each Resident is covered under Worker's Compensation.
- Short and Long term disability insurance is purchased for each Resident. This policy is effective the 1st of the month following 90 days from your hire date in a benefited status.
- Group term accidental death and dismemberment insurance is an option at the Resident's own expense.
- Group term life insurance A $50,000 term life insurance is purchased for each Resident.
- An annual $1,750 travel/educational fund is available to each resident for attending meetings, purchasing textbooks or a combination of these activities. The resident is allotted seven working days per eligible academic year for scientific meeting time.
- Relocation assistance up to $2,500 per resident family household.
- Wireless tablets assigned to each resident.
- A meal allowance is provided to residents while on call in the medical complex.
- Residents have designated "on call" rooms in the hospital.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 3 fees are paid by Marshfield Clinic if the resident takes the USMLE after his or her contracted training program begins at Marshfield Clinic.
- Lab coats and laundering are provided.
- Residents receive a standard 20 percent discount at Marshfield Medical Center Optical.
- Special funds are available for resident paper presentations in representing their respective program.
- Residents have medical transcription support and program coordinator assistance.
- Marshfield Clinic Health System offers a drug and tobacco-free environment.
- Resident Association special activities planned.
- Resident all-day workshops.
- Resident Well-Being Committee support.
- Resident/learner lounge is accessible 24/7.
- MCHS Wellness Center is available at a nominal fee.
Child Care Resources
Marshfield Clinic Health System offers childcare services through Bright Horizons Daycare conveniently located near the medical complex.
Affordable housing is available in Marshfield. The average rental cost for a two bedroom apartment is $425-$700 per month. A variety of housing is available, ranging from apartment complexes to single houses and duplexes.