We believe distance should not be a barrier to the best possible health care. Our Telehealth service allows you and your health care providers to talk as if you are both in the same room.
Technology used to provide Telehealth service makes it possible to have a face-to-face examination with your doctor using interactive conferencing.
You are scheduled for a Telehealth appointment much like you would be if you came in person to any Marshfield Clinic location.
You arrive at your local Marshfield Clinic center at the appointed time. A specially trained Telehealth Nurse Clinician will greet and orient you to the telehealth consult process and prepare you for your clinical exam. Depending on the circumstances, your primary care provider may participate and other family members may be present.
Telehealth uses a room camera that will show you and other family members to the Telehealth physician. Special hand-held cameras can zoom in for tight close-ups in order to give the physician a good picture of your problem areas. A fiber-optic otoscope and digital stethoscopes help to recreate the in-person exam that your physician would provide. You and your provider can talk back and forth during the exam and you are encouraged to ask questions.
For you, a telehealth appointment can mean:
- Less time away from home
- Less time away from work
- Fewer travel-related expenses (gasoline, meals, overnight stay)
- Care in a place where you feel most comfortable, with your doctor nearby and people who know you best
- Many more kinds of specialists available locally to help your doctor manage your care
- Faster response times for tests and consultations between your doctor and specialists
- Participation in face-to-face conversations with a specialist and your doctor at the same time