Marshfield Clinic’s Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Tissue Repair blends state-of-the art technology and cutting-edge treatments to help wounds heal safely and as quickly as possible.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Our Center integrates wound healing, wound surgery and hyperbaric medicine in one facility. This enables the safest and highest level of care in a convenient and comfortable location for patients.
- We take a proactive approach to wound care, using surgical techniques to close wounds and help them heal faster.
- A state-of-the-art hyperbaric chamber, which can treat 10 patients at a time. This chamber is one of only a few like it in the United States.
- We deliver around-the-clock care.
- We treat critically-ill patients.
How hyperbaric medicine works
Hyperbaric treatment uses oxygen as a medicine. Using hyperbaric medicine, a significant difference is created between the amount of oxygen in the blood stream and that found at an injury or infection site. This difference causes new blood vessels to grow into that area and helps fight infections.
What we treat with hyperbaric medicine
- Foot ulcers as a result of diabetes
- Chronic bone infections
- Late effects of radiation therapy
- Central retinal artery occlusion
- Severe anemia
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Compromised or failing flaps or grafts
- Acute loss of blood supply from crush injuries
- Intracranial abscesses
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Decompression sickness
Your wound healing care team
Your wound healing care team works to diagnose, treat and prevent chronic and/or non-healing wounds and associated diseases. Team members include:
- Vascular surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Orthopedic surgeons
- General surgeons
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical therapists
Expert care close to you
Our renowned wound care services are available at a variety of locations throughout Marshfield Clinic Health System — providing you with first-class care without having to travel far.
Learn more about the Marshfield Medical Center-Beaver Dam
Advanced Wound Center and its first-class
hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment method.