July 27, 2020
MINOCQUA – Marshfield Clinic Health System announced today the opening of its newest hospital, Marshfield Medical Center-Minocqua, with a ceremonial ribbon cutting ceremony.
"We are both pleased and proud to present Marshfield Medical Center-Minocqua to the people of the Northwoods and to all of our communities," said Dr. Bill Melms, Marshfield Clinic Health System chief medical officer. "This hospital will be the cornerstone for expert and compassionate health care in this region, both now, and for many generations to follow."
"We couldn't be more excited about this new addition to our community," said Krystal Westfahl, executive director of Let's Minocqua Visitors Bureau and Chamber of Commerce. "It really shows the long term commitment that Marshfield Clinic has in our local area and we look forward to their support for many years to come."
The new emergency department is fully capable of all critical care services including stroke, trauma, chest pain, obstetrics, ambulance transport and any decontamination needs.
This addition to the Marshfield Clinic Minocqua Center building is equipped with:
- Private patient rooms and flexible overflow rooms.
- Surgery center with operating rooms and procedure rooms.
- Birthing center with private rooms for labor and delivery, and dedicated C-section room for planned or urgent deliveries.
- Inpatient physical and occupational therapy.
- 24-hour emergency services staffed by board certified emergency physicians.
- Imaging and lab space, pharmacy and more.
"We look forward to providing full-service emergency, primary and specialty care for our community for many years to come," said Dr. Mike Schaars, vice president of medical affairs.
For more information, visit our website, marshfieldclinic.org/minocqua-hospital or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MarshfieldMedicalCenterMinocqua or call 715-358-1710.