March 3, 2020
MINOCQUA – On Feb. 28, Marshfield Medical Center-Minocqua hospital achieved a milestone in construction as hospital leaders received the keys to the facility from general contractor Boldt Construction.
"We want to share the good news that we were granted occupancy of the new hospital by the Minocqua fire department," said Matt Peterson, senior project manager for Boldt Construction. "Critical items such as the life safety lighting, fire alarm system and fire suppression system are all up and running. As planned, on Feb. 28, we turned the facility over to Marshfield Medical Center-Minocqua so move-in/activation items could officially begin."
The new Marshfield Medical Center-Minocqua is on schedule for opening in April. The addition to the Minocqua Center building will be equipped with:
- Private patient rooms and two flexible overflow rooms.
- Surgery center with operating rooms and procedure rooms.
- Birthing center with private rooms for labor and delivery, and dedicated C-section room for planned or urgent deliveries.
- 24-hour emergency services.
- Imaging and lab space, radiology, pharmacy and more.
"This is exciting news as our team is working diligently to address all the complex needs of opening an advanced, state-of-the-art hospital in this community," said Dave Olejniczak, interim chief administrative officer.
For more information, call 715-358-1000 or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MarshfieldMedicalCenterMinocqua.