Discount program rewards children and adults for riding bicycles this summer.
Riding a bike is fun and provides great exercise, but it's even better when a treat is waiting at the end of every trip.
The third-annual Bicycle Discount Program, which runs from June 1 to Aug. 31, rewards participants with discounts or free items when they bike to participating businesses in Marshfield. The program is coordinated by the Healthy Lifestyles-Marshfield Area Coalition, a grassroots movement working to address healthy eating and active living, in cooperation with Marshfield Clinic.
The discount program emphasizes the importance of physical activity, and is designed to reward individuals and businesses for their dedication to increasing how much they exercise.
Participating businesses will have a Bicycle Discount sign posted on their storefront windows. Cyclists can bike to any of those businesses and receive a discount or free item. There is a limit of one discount per business each day.
Cyclists have to show their Bicycle Discount Program punch card and helmet at each business to verify participation. To get a punch card, visit participating businesses or Marshfield Clinic Center for Community Outreach, 1701 N. Fig Ave., Marshfield.
Anyone who visits 15 of the 18 businesses is entered in a chance to win a grand prize, if they turn in their completed punch cards to the Clinic's Center for Community Outreach. For more information, call the Center for Community Outreach, 715-221-8400
- Bakerville Sports Bar and Grill – free non-alcoholic drink, up to $3 with meal purchase.
- Baltus – free soft drink.
- Biggby Coffee – 10 percent off any purchase.
- Book World – $2 off any book $9.99 or higher.
- Brew Pub & West 14th Street – 25 percent off a Smart Meal.
- Chips of Marshfield – 10 percent off any purchase.
- Dairy Queen – 50 cents off any Orange Julius product.
- Hudson's Classic Grill – 10 percent off a purchase (not valid for merchandise or alcohol).
- Marshfield Public Library – free mood pencil.
- McDonalds – 25 percent off any entrée or salad that has 300 calories or less.
- ODC (Hidden Creek Kitchen) – 20 percent off any salad purchase, Monday-Friday, some restrictions may apply.
- Perkin's Restaurant and Bakery – variety of coupons available.
- Relief! Soft Tissue Therapies – $10 off a massage.
- Scotty's Pizza – free order of crazy crust with $5 purchase.
- Sports Den – 10 percent off any bike accessory.
- Victory Apparel – $5 off any purchase of $25 or more.
- Vintage House – 50 percent off the salad bar and a free ice tea.
- Wenzel's Farm Sausage – free 1-ounce beef stick.
Grand Prizes were donated by Belvedere Supper Club, Biggby Coffee, Blue Heron BrewPub and West 14th Restaurant, Chips of Marshfield, Festival Foods, Hudson's Classic Grill, Kitchen Table, Kwik Trip, Linda Lou's Café, Relief! Soft Tissue Therapies, Rose Bowl Lanes, Scotty's Pizza, Target, Victory Apparel and Wenzel's Farm Sausage.
The Marshfield Clinic system provides patient care, research and education in more than 50 locations in northern, central and western Wisconsin, making it one of the largest comprehensive medical systems in the United States.