Goals and Student Outcomes
The mission of the Marshfield Clinic School of Radiography is accomplished through the following Program Goals and associated Student and Program Outcomes:
1. Students will demonstrate the clinical competency required of an entry-level radiographer.
2. Students will communicate effectively with patients and healthcare teams.
3. Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
4. Students will model professional and ethical behavior.
5. The program will provide students with quality didactic and clinical education, and the healthcare community with competent entry level radiographers.
Student Learning Outcomes:
1. Students will demonstrate the ability to properly operate imaging equipment.
2. Students will determine proper exposure factors to obtain diagnostic quality radiographs.
3. Students will demonstrate proper positioning skills.
4. Students will demonstrate knowledge of radiation protection principles.
5. Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills. PLEASE OMIT “and program effectiveness data”
6. Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
7. Students will provide quality patient care.
8. Students will apply critical thinking skills in the practice of diagnostic radiography.
9. Students will effectively analyze/critique radiographic images for diagnostic quality.
10. Students will demonstrate ethical integrity consistent with the ARRT Code of Ethics.
11. Students will demonstrate professional behavior and values.
1. Graduates of the program will successfully pass the ARRT national certification exam on the 1st attempt
2. Of those pursuing employment, graduates will be gainfully employed within 6 months post-graduation.
3. Students will complete the program within 24 months.
4. Students will be satisfied with their education.
5. Employers will be satisfied with the graduate’s performance.