You provide your child security, comfort, acceptance and affection at home. The Child Life & Expressive Therapy team helps provide these needs at Marshfield Children's Hospital.
We strive to make your child's medical experience easier. Our goals are to:
- Minimize your child's stress and anxiety related to their care
- Enhance your child's understanding of procedures
- Provide age-appropriate, safe play environments
- Enhance your child's growth in their stage of development and within your family and culture
- Support you and help you participate in your child's health care
- Help you and your family maintain everyday routines
If you do not speak English, interpreter services are available at no charge. Ask your nurse for more information.
Telecommunications devices are available.
If you are hearing impaired, we can make arrangements to have a sign language interpreter available for assistance.
We recognize your spirit needs care when significant life changing events occur. A meditation room and chapel are located on the first floor for meditation and prayer.
Case management/Social workers
Case management/social workers are available at no charge to refer you to community resources.
They can help arrange for service you and your family may need, including:
- Assistance with advance directives
- Discharge planning
- Financial assistance
- Home-delivered meals
- Home health care
- Insurance authorization assistance
- Resources for abuse and neglect
- Medical equipment
- Support groups
- Rehabilitation programs
Ask your nurse about speaking with a case manager/social worker.