Who are the pharmacy mentors?
- The pharmacy resident will have many mentors throughout the residency year (e.g. preceptors, program director) that are directly involved in the residency program development, serving as preceptors for the resident and conducting the resident evaluations.
- In addition to mentorship from preceptors, there will also be designated pharmacists at Marshfield Clinic that will offer a slightly different mentoring relationship with the resident.
- These pharmacists will serve as a positive role model and most of all a friend to the resident during the residency year.
What is the main goal?
- The main goal of this mentorship is to help facilitate development of personal interests outside of pharmacy and to help integrate personal life and career, which may include planning and participating in activities together.
- The success of the mentorship will be built on establishing a trusting and open relationship, where confidentiality and respect is of utmost importance. This experience is designed to be non-threatening and enjoyable for both the resident and mentor.
Katherine Nichols, PharmD, BCACP
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Marshfield Clinic
School: University of Minnesota, College of Pharmacy - Duluth
Professional Societies: American Society of Health System Pharmacy (ASHP), Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin (PSW)
Professional Interests: Medication Therapy Management, Internal Medicine, Diabetes
Certifications: Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
Residency: Marshfield Clinic PGY1 Residency (2011-2012)