This newly established Marshfield Clinic Health System Anesthesiology Residency Program will be offering three positions in each year of post-graduate training for a total of nine residents. This program is designed to prepare physicians to be leaders in patient care, academic medicine, research and opportunites for growth. Our main campus will give trainees a great opportuntiy to learn how to provide patients with safe pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative anesthesia care.
As an anesthesiology resident, you will benefit from the friendly, informal atmosphere of central Wisconsin while training in a highly integrated medical system with a nationwide reputation for clinical excellence and research. Here is a quick overview of what you can expect from our program:
- MCHS is a level II adult and pediatric trauma center.
- Additionally, Marshfield Children's Hospital is the only children's hospital in central Wisconsin.
- The main hospital operating room has about 12 daily case starts, including orthopedics, general cases, two robotic rooms, heart surgeries, C-sections, a hybrid room for vascular cases, urology, plastics, ENT, etc. Additionally, a number of nerve blocks are performed on a daily basis.
- Within the operating rooms, we have cath lab cases, including transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVR's), WATCHMAN devices, mitral clips, cerebral coilings, endovascular procedures, EVARs, etc .
- On the other side of the campus -- attached by skywalk -- we have our state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with eight starts daily thereby ensuring one of the busiest ambulatory centers in the state.
Please watch these videos about the city of Marshfield and the Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) as you start your bright future as an anesthesiologist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuh4MPJj6Pg&feature=youtu.be (city of Marshfield)